Thursday, April 12, 2007

My Sweet Ying




Have I mentioned lately how much I love my little Ying-a-Bing? She is just such an amazing little person, and a perfect fit for our family. She is a very happy baby. She has the sweetest little grin that makes her look a lot like Popeye (again, showing my age here!). She is also very smart and curious. Tuesday night, just before bedtime, Miss Ying decided she was hungry. So, she went into the kitchen (walking, mostly), opened the cabinet where I keep the baby food, and pulled out a jar then sat down in the floor to try to figure out how to open it. She’s been eating a jar of mixed cereal and fruit most nights as a bedtime snack, and I guess she just decided that Mommy wasn’t getting to it fast enough for her! Man, does that little girl love to eat (again, perfect for our family). She has slowed down a little, but she still likes 3 meals a day and at least 3 snacks. Olivia loves to help feed her, and our motto has become, “Just keep the food coming.” Still, she is unbelievably tiny – 20 months old and wearing clothes meant for 6-9 month olds. But the abundance of good nutrition is paying off. She’s getting stronger every day and her hair is even starting to fill in.

Last night I was looking at her and I was surprised to realize just how much I really do love this child. My comment at the time was, “Could she be any more perfect?” How lucky am I to have hit the adoption jackpot twice – two beautiful, smart, sweet, absolutely perfect daughters!

No comments:

Current Time in China