Monday, September 17, 2007

Ying Rules!

We had our 6-month post-placement visit today with a new social worker. She has to write a report to send to China to let them know how Ying is adjusting to her new home. Well, let me tell you, Ying was ON! I swear, it was like she was trying to impress the woman. First of all, she came to the door with me and said “hi’ when B walked in. Then, she proceeded to put on a little show for her. Ying showed her how her favorite toys work, and danced for her, then she came and sat in my lap and talked up a storm. I couldn’t quite catch everything she was saying, but I think the jest of it was, “This is my house, and these are my toys, and this is my Mama, and I like it here very much. Please tell China that I would like to stay here because they give me everything I want. I rule this house!” Well, at least that’s what I got out of it.

So, I don’t think we are going to have any problems getting a favorable report. And, as an added bonus, my house it so clean it shines. I was actually up at 2 o’clock this morning mopping my kitchen and bathroom floors. You know, there are just some things you cannot do when 2 children are awake! Of course, B didn’t actually want to see the house, but if she had asked to use the bathroom, she would have been impressed, I’m sure!

1 comment:

RamblingMother said...

That is a great picture by the way. Yea for a good report.

Beverly

Current Time in China