Thursday, May 22, 2008

Cherishing My Cinderellas




I heard the sad news this morning about the tragic accident that took the life of Stephen Curtis Chapman’s 5 year old daughter, Maria. The Chapmans adopted Maria in China the same year I adopted OBaby. I can’t even imagine their heartache right now.

Someone sent me a link to a SCC video for his song “Cinderella”. At the end of the video, he explains how he came to write the song. As he was telling the story, all I could think about was how many times I have missed the moments with my girls because I was too busy or too tired or too stressed to slow down and just enjoy them. Although the song is about a father and his daughter, the first verse and the chorus really applies to all parents.


She spins and she sways to whatever song plays,
Without a care in the world.
And I'm sittin' here wearin' the weight of the world on my shoulders.
It's been a long day and there's still work to do,
She's pulling at me saying "Dad I need you!
There's a ball at the castle and I've been invited and I need to practice my dancin'
"Oh please, daddy, please!"





So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh I will dance with CinderellaI don't wanna miss even one song,
Cuz all to soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone





Excuse me, I've got some dancing to do.

No comments:

Current Time in China