Friday, May 16, 2008

Everybody off the sidewalks!

Olivia has learned to ride a 2-wheeler! Ok, last week she learned to ride - I'm a little behind (story of my life). She's been wanting to ride a bike without training wheels for awhile, and last week she asked her preschool teacher to help her learn. 5 minutes later, OBaby was OBaby on Wheels as she just took off riding. We took the training wheels off of her little bike at home on Saturday and she's been riding like a pro. Ok, story about taking the wheels off - she asked me to do it Saturday evening after a long day of shopping at the outlet mall. Since the grandparents were coming the next day, I suggested that we could wait and let Grandpa take them off since Grandpas like to do stuff like that to feel useful. A little later, OBaby looked at me and said wistfully, "I wish you knew how to take training wheels off, Mama." Seriously, the kid took my laziness for being unable to do it! So, naturally we headed to the garage where I broke out my socket wrench and socket set and proceeded to remove the training wheels from the bike. Had to, you know. I can’t have my girls thinking that there are things girls can’t do. For her part, OBaby was sufficiently impressed. I am the best Mommy in the world and I know how to do everything. Keep on thinking that, baby!

No comments:

Current Time in China