Thursday, October 19, 2006

Mommy Goes to School

Olivia is going to preschool at the university 2 days a week. Since this week is fall break, all of the student helpers are gone. The school asked all the parents to volunteer for a couple of hours this week to keep the student/adult ratio legal. So, this morning, Mommy went to school with Olivia. She was so excited. We read books, played with puzzles, and hung up a whole bunch of art work. Olivia thought is was great having Mommy at school, but she wasn’t too crazy about the part where I actually had to interact with the other kids. I liked the way she would subtlety move between me and any other kid who got too close. My dog does the same thing. I kept waiting for her to pee on my leg. :)

So, all was well and good until it was time for Mommy to leave for work. Olivia had a major meltdown. She cried – real tears and heart-wrenching sobs. It was enough to make a grown Mama cry. She finally pulled it together (ok, after I promised she could ride her bike in the basement tonight) enough for me to leave.

As I was leaving, I couldn’t help but think, “And this is the child who thinks she WANTS to share Mommy with Baby Sister?”

Sigh.

No comments:

Current Time in China