Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Ba, Ba, Ba, Baaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear, I’ve never met a kid who loves to take a bath like Y Baby. She would probably willingly get in the tub 10 times a day if I would let her. Really, I’ve never seen anything like it. The girl loves her baths. I would say she is a total water baby, but um, the swimming pool? Not so crazy about it. I think she prefers the quite, confined nature of the tub. But hey, she LOVES to take a bath.

So, here’s the story. Last night, she was in the family room, and I went into the bathroom to run a bath for the girls. O Baby followed me, and started undressing. I few minutes later, I hear Y Baby coming down the hall. She gets about half way to the bathroom and hears water running – so she starts running! She comes running into the bathroom yelling “Ba, ba, ba, baaaaaaaaaa!” and pulling at her dress trying to get it off. She gets in the bathroom, and stands in front of me yelling “Ba, ba, ba, baaaaaaaaaa!”, pulling at her dress, and her little feet were just dancing all over the place. The girl was soooooo excited to get to take a bath! I got her clothes off, and she was trying to pull her diaper off – ‘cause apparently Momma wasn’t moving fast enough. When I finally got her “nake” she started trying to throw her little leg up to get in the tub by herself. Now, if you’ve seen her, you know she was in no danger of actually getting that little leg up high enough to get into the tub, but you have to admire the effort! O Baby and I were both laughing out loud. I wish I’d had a video camera so you all could have seen her! Once she was finally in the tub, she was in heaven! She lays over on her side to get her hair wet. She blows bubbles. She will even float if Momma holds on with both hands under her. She likes to wash her own hair (like big sister). Then, once she is done (that is, once the water gets too cold) she wants OUT. NOW. She likes to get wrapped up in a towel and have Momma hold her like a tiny baby. Sigh. Who knew kids were so much fun?

2 comments:

RamblingMother said...

That is such a sweet memory. yes get that on video for Y baby's memories.

Beverly

Unknown said...

Ying is just the sweetest little girl. I love watching her and Sera saying hi to each other at playgroup. Ying always comes running to say hi when we arrive. This week Sera was a little slow to warm up (teething her molars), but when she recognized Ying, she was quick to wave back. Someday Sera may even start to play with other children rather than just waving and watching. ;o)

Current Time in China