Friday, August 31, 2007

Freakin’ Frackin’ Foot!

So can I just admit that it was less painful to live with the ginormous cyst in my foot than it is to have it gone? The surgery was 7 weeks ago, and my foot is still killing me. So, I had my follow-up appointment with the surgeon yesterday. It seems that my foot still hurts because it is infected. Great. I got to experience the joy of something they call “scraping and draining” without any pharmaceutical intervention. I only cried a little. Now I have a lovely crater on my foot - .7” long, .3” wide and .3” deep (oh, yeah, they measured how deep it is. Let’s not do that again, please.). I have to keep it packed with gauze that has to be changed daily for the next week. Plus, I’m on oral antibiotics for 10 days. So, on the eve of a 3-day weekend I’m about to spend with 2 extremely active little girls, I am once again hobbling around in pain and unable to do anything cool – like go swimming in the lake when we visit my sister tomorrow. Oh, yeah, and I if have a fever, chills, nausea or vomiting I’m supposed to go directly to the emergency room. Lovely.

Ok, I’m done whining now. You can feel sorry for me if you want.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Baby!!!

L & K


Mom

Anonymous said...

Sis - At least I can help with the girls tomorrow while they are at the lake house. You can sit down with your foot up like a queen (that we all know you are). Feel better and see you tomorrow.
Love ya! Jane

Kim said...

Whine all you want, that sounds painful!

Current Time in China