Wednesday, April 02, 2008

When the Door Bell Rings at 4:30 in the Blessed AM!

You just know it can't be anything good. I mean, those Publisher's Clearinghouse guys hardly ever show up pre-dawn, right. So when my lovely door bell chimes gently woke me from my slumber at 4:28 am today, I really wasn’t excited to go see who it was. It was my neighbor. On his way to work. At 4:28 am. (It sounds as if his life sucks more than mine.) My garage door was open. Yeah, I forgot to close it last night. Hey, I had a migraine. I’m lucky I remembered to unbuckle the kids. Thanks a lot, buddy. I’ll get that door closed right away. Then go back to sleep – like normal people do at 4:30 in the blessed AM!

I got back in bed and had to move Ying over off of the 2.5 inches of mattress that they allow me to sleep on. Apparently, she was very, very tired and thought I was trying to wake her up. Her response: “Mama, more sleeps.”

Exactly what I need in my life. More sleeps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean you get 2.5 inches? Kate sleeps on top of me and leaves me no room LOL. It's a good thing I don't cherish my space.

Your girls are sooo cute. I enjoy reading your updates.

Susan and Kate
(Makenze CHI list 12)

Current Time in China