Monday, June 11, 2007

On Day 4




Monday Evening




Monday Morning - She just keeps getting more beautiful!


Today is day 4 since Y Baby’s surgery, and I have to say that I cannot believe how well she has done. Her recovery has just been amazing. One of my biggest concerns was that Ying would have to go through a lot of pain because they were going to work on both the upper and lower lids. Do you know that girl hasn't shown any signs AT ALL of being in pain? And she isn't taking any pain meds! It just amazes me that she has let me put antibiotic ointment on her incisions since Day 1 without much fuss (ok, some fuss, but not, “Dear Lord, Mama, you’re killing me” fuss). She also has not been rubbing her eyes (another big worry). She really just acts like nothing happened. She spent the weekend happily playing with Mama and Jie Jie just like any other weekend. I have noticed that her walking is improving. I’ve seen her walk while actually looking at the floor, and the head tipping is going away. I wonder what she thinks when she opens her eyes and they actually open! Does she realize how much more she can see?

Knowing that we have to go through all of this again in about 4 years, I’m just thrilled that it has been this easy. Maybe next time I won’t worry myself sick beforehand. Those of you who know me can stop snickering now.

3 comments:

Christian & Heather said...

She has such beautiful eyes and it is so nice to see them now. Looks like everything turned out great. Congratulations and good luck!
Heather

Anonymous said...

This latest pic is so great. She is looking into the camera without tipping her head back. She looks like she would rather still be in bed sleeping though.

L & K

Mom aka Grandma

The Lucky Ones said...

Oh, what a cutie! I can't believe how go-with-the-flow little Ying is. How fortunate for you and for her!

I love your blog and your sheer adoration of everything O and Y.

Current Time in China