Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Real Sisters

Ying and Olivia are definitely forming a strong sister bond. Olivia is worrying herself sick about Ying’s surgery on Friday, and Ying showed me yesterday just how attached she is to her big sister. I sent Olivia to her room yesterday for some infraction of the rules that is unimportant to the story. She reacted in her usual style of high drama, complete with sobs from behind the bedroom door. I was in the living room talking to my mom on the phone (hi, Mom!) when I heard Ying knocking on the door and calling out “Jie-Jie, Jie-Jie” (big sister). Then, she came to me with tears spilling out of her eyes and said “Jie-Jie”. I told her, “Yes, Jie-Jie is in her room, I know she’s crying, but she’s ok.” Well, that wasn’t good enough for Ying. She took my hand and said “up” – clearly she wanted me to get up and go check on her sister! And she was crying real tears! I know the day will come when little sister will be saying “ha, ha, ha, ha, ha you’re in trouble” when Jie-Jie gets sent to her room, but for now, it is sweet to see that sisterly love starting to grow.

No comments:

Current Time in China