Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I CANNOT BE SICK!!

OK, I'm just gonna to put it out there to God and the universe and whatever - I cannot be sick this week. This cough HAS to go. The chest pain - be gone with you! The ever-so-slight fever - I banish you! To put it mildly, I don’t have time to be sick. I absolutely HAVE to teach a class tomorrow. They’ve already been postponed once, twice would NOT look good. I really, really need to get our other lab set up on Thursday. And, of course, on Friday we have to go to Riley for Little Bit’s appointment. That’s a three-hour drive that I can’t do sick. Oh, and we are supposed to go visit the grandparents after the appointment. Mom (aka “poppaw” – yeah, we don’t know why, either) is having knee-replacement surgery on Monday, so I can’t go see her if I’m a walking germ factory. So, power of positive thinking: I AM NOT SICK. I AM NOT SICK. I AM NOT (hack, hack, cough, cough) SICK!

Current Time in China