Friday, February 23, 2007

Last of the Mommy/Baby Days

Olivia calls them Mommy/Baby Days. I used to just call them “weekends” or “holidays” but for quite awhile, they have been Mommy/Baby Days – those glorious days when there is no work, no school, no daycare, just Mommy and Baby spending the whole day alone together. We don’t have to do anything in particular or go any where; we just have to be together. We love Mommy/Baby Days. Sadly and joyously, our final Mommy/Baby Days are upon us. This weekend will be the last time ever that it is just the two of us. In just over a week, we will become a family of 3 – Mommy and 2 Babies. While we are both thrilled to be adding Qiu Ying to our family, there is a part of me that will miss being just the two of us and will miss Mommy/Baby Days, which I guess will be renamed Mommy/Babies Days. I suppose it’s only natural, in the midst of the joy and excitement of adding a new family member to be just a tad sad to see the old family unit change. There is a special bond between an only parent and an only child – the whole “me and you against the world” thing. I’ll miss that, but I know it’s much healthier for both of us to expand our circle and include someone else to love – our E Baby. Before I know it, it will be them against me!


No comments:

Current Time in China