Friday, February 16, 2007

Shouldn’t I Be Packing . . . or Something?

I leave for China in 12 days. In 12 days I’ll be off on a 15 day trip to China. I’ll be meeting my new daughter for the very first time. I’ll be leaving my other daughter at home with Aunt M and Uncle Sauce-ear – for 15 days, at their house. So, the whole little family is going to be away from home for over two weeks. Wouldn’t you think that I would be packing like a mad woman? Shouldn’t I have lists and piles and piles of lists? I’m going to need clothes and all kinds of paperwork. E Baby will need clothes and toys and assorted toddler junk. O Baby will need clothes and toys and books and movies and craft stuff. All this various stuff needs to be gathered and sorted and packed into bags. And yet, I don’t seem to see the urgency in it yet. And there’s a bunch of other stuff I need to do before I leave. Stuff like pay my bills, stop the mail, get a haircut, buy some stuff I need to take to China, buy some little gifts to leave for O to open while I’m gone, celebrate the Chinese New Year, stock up on dog food – the list goes on and on. But what I’m I doing tomorrow? Hanging out all morning waiting for the installer guy to come hook up Direct TV. Yeah, that’s a priority right now. I figure my lack of motivation is either one of two things. Either I can’t really believe this is happening, or I just have so much to do that I’m overwhelmed and can’t do any of it. Knowing me, it’s probably both.

1 comment:

LedaP said...

I'm the same way, except I leave Monday :)

Current Time in China