Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Tomorrow is THE Day

In less than 24 hours, I will be on a plane heading for China and my second beautiful daughter. The bags are all packed and ready to go – and remarkably within the allowable weight limit. I think I’ve got everything I could possibly need (and then some). And, for some reason, I feel like throwing up. It’s not like me to be nervous about traveling. I think it is the stress over leaving Olivia. If I had known a month ago that it was going to be this hard to leave her, I might have decided to take her with me – even though I know that is a bad idea. She’s a pretty good traveler, but she’s only been 4 for 2 weeks, and she’s used to having Mommy’s undivided attention. That combination would probably result in a lot of melt-downs and a lot of stress for me. So, she is staying home, even though it is breaking my heart. I know she will be fine because my sister and BIL both adore her and treat her like their own. They will do everything possible to make her happy while I’m gone. But, man, am I ever going to miss that sweet smile. And her silly giggles. And hearing, “I love you really much” 50 times a day. It’s only for two weeks. And, when I return, we’ll have our E-Baby home with us. Come on, Mommy. Time to cowboy up. You can do this.

2 comments:

amanda said...

3/1/7: I talked to Donna this morning. She is on the ground safely in China.

amanda said...

Talke to Donna this morning. She is on the ground safely in China.
Amanda

Current Time in China