Thursday, February 08, 2007

To Sleep, Perchance to Dream

According to Olivia, the new bed is both “comfer’ble” and “boingy”.

New bed?

Yeah, I bought a new mattress set – an upgrade from the old queen to a king.

You know why.

If I’m going to have to share my sleeping space with not one, but two wiggly, giggly little girls, it should be a BIG sleep space. I guess this is the point where I admit defeat on the whole “she’s going to eventually sleep in her own room” thing. Yeah, didn’t happen. Well, it did, but it didn’t last long. O managed to sleep in her own room for approximately 6 months. Then, we went on vacation and she got used to sleeping with Mommy again. That was 15 months ago. Even the promise of her own fish hasn’t prompted her to make the move. Her room is “too scary”. I thought maybe when baby sister came home, she would sleep in there with baby sister. Um, no. I was informed that baby sister can sleep with “us”. She says she’d sleep in there if I got her a hamster, but good God! I’m not that desperate (yet). Really, a kid in my bed or a rodent in my house? If you know me, that’s a no-brainer! So, now I am the proud owner of a brand new comfer’ble, boingy bed with room for the whole hee-haw family. Yippy! In about 35 days, we’ll see if it sleeps three comfortably.

No comments:

Current Time in China