Friday, March 02, 2007

Hello From Beijing

Well, we're here. We arrived in Beijing yesterday afternoon, and I feel like we haven't stopped since. Today we went to the jade factory (really more like a stop at a rather expensive jade store), climbed the Great Wall, visited a "friendship store" (typical over-priced tourist shop), saw TianAnMen Square and the Forbidden City, took a taxi to the pearl market and shopped, then walked to a nearby mall for dinner. Needless to say, I am exhausted - too exhausted to try to figure out how to download pictures right now. I'll try to figure that out tomorrow so that SUNDAY when I meet E-Baby I'll be able to post her beautiful face.

So far, we are having a great time. The weather has been wonderful - almost too warm for a light jacket.

While we were standing on the Great Wall, my cell phone rang. I answered it, and there I was standing on the Great Wall of China, talking to Owen's mom on the phone. Owen took a picture, so I'll try to post that tomorrow.

We met Kirsten and Roy and Rebecca on the flight from Chicago and we are looking forward to seeing them again when we hit Guangzhou.

Ok, that's it for now. I'm off to bed. Please tell my girl that I love her really much and miss her like crazy.

No comments:

Current Time in China